Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home3/jackson/public_html/jrjackson.com/wp-content/plugins/covertgeotargeter/covertgeotargeter-plugin.php on line 255
Win People to Your Way of Thinking | jrjackson.com
  • My last 5 consulting calls came from the following areas:

    Plano, Texas
    Ashburn, Virginia
    Chino, California
    London, England
    Vancouver, BC

  • Order my Resume Recruiting System for only $35 and I will personally work with you and help you become a Top Recruiter in your MLM.

    Get my #1 recruiting system for only $35

    buy the #1 generic mlm recruiting system

  • « | Home | »

    Win People to Your Way of Thinking

    By action | August 21, 2008

    dale carnagie how to win friends and influence people Have you ever thought to yourself, “I can’t believe that person just said that.” or, “I wonder if that person knows how terrible that sounded.”

    The book “How to Win Friends & Influence People” is my 3rd favorite book of all time.

    The Carnegie Institute reports that even if your chosen profession is as technical as engineering, only 15% of your financial success is due to ones technical knowledge, and the other 85% is due to skill in human nature – to personality and the ability to lead people.

    It’s really a book about being the best person you can be so that people will feel comfortable in your presence. In a nutshell, it’s what to say to people in any situation and what to avoid saying to make the most out of life. Carnegie uses hundreds of real life examples and stories that are fun to read. He takes you back to actual events and news stories from the 1920’s all the way up till modern day that draw the reader in and offer insightful nuggets of advice.

    Here is 12 ways to win people to your way of thinking:

    1. The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it.
    2. Show respect for the other person’s opinion. Never say, “You’re wrong.”
    3. If you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically.
    4. Begin in a friendly way.
    5. Get the other person saying “yes, yes” immediately.
    6. Let the other person do a great deal of the talking.
    7. Let the other person feel that the idea is his or hers.
    8. Try honestly to see things from the other person’s point of view.
    9. Be sympathetic with the other person’s ideas and desires.
    10. Appeal to the nobler motives.
    11. Dramatize your ideas.
    12. Throw down a challenge.

    I hope you find this information valuable. If you have not already read the book “How to Win Friends & Influence People” run out RIGHT NOW and buy it. It will not only change you but it will change your entire team forever.

    Successfully yours,

    J.R. Jackson
    http://jrjackson.com

    Topics: Uncategorized | 1 Comment »

    One Response to “Win People to Your Way of Thinking”

    1. George Gonzalez Says:
      May 14th, 2009 at 11:51 pm

      Great book! I read this and it changed the way I conversate for the better!

      I Recommend reading this as soon as possible!

    Comments

    You must be logged in to post a comment.